
How to Earn GemsGems can be earned for free daily by completing the following activities. NGR members can redeem Gems for cash!! Start earning and collecting your Gems today! Earn gems for the following...
Roger K’s “Please Don’t Put It on Me” is a cinematic dark-pop plea from the perspective of children carrying burdens they were never meant to hold.
The song began while Roger was considering adults who end up incarcerated. While people remain responsible for their adult decisions, childhood trauma and instability frequently form part of the story that came before. That led to a larger question: what could change if somebody listened to the child earlier?
From expectations within our own homes to academic, cultural and financial pressure, detention, political conflict and war, children continually inherit consequences created by adults.
Written from a child’s perspective but performed through an adult voice, the song plays almost like an inner-child therapy session. The adult can finally give force to words the child could not articulate: “Please don’t put it on me / Don’t you know I can’t breathe / All this weight controls me / Let my spirit be free.”
Despite its darkness, hope remains within that cry. Speaking is itself an act of hope—the possibility that somebody might finally listen.
Musically, Roger combines cinematic orchestration and spacious darkness with alternative R&B, soulful pop vocals and a trap/drill-influenced rhythmic foundation. The result sits in a world reminiscent of Labrinth’s theatrical scale, Jacob Banks’ atmospheric weight and the vulnerable soul-pop delivery of Sam Smith.
Roger wrote, arranged, performed, produced, mixed and mastered the entire record himself.
The accompanying self-directed animated visualiser draws inspiration from and reimagines imagery associated with Banksy’s public works, creating a continuous story of children encountering authority, violence, displacement and adult conflict.
Ultimately, “Please Don’t Put It on Me” asks adults to begin somewhere uncomfortable but necessary: with ourselves.
Even in its darkest moments, however, the message is not hopeless.
At its centre remains one simple plea:
Let my spirit be free.
Spotify Link
Banksy Visualiser
Newbie 4999 Radio Gems (All Time)Hello. I am learning about the new NGR profile pages right now. I still have some things to figure out but it seems like there are some pretty cool features so far. I am pretty excited to show off my profile page online but I am trying to be patient and not rush it.. I need to finish learning the features and putting together my profile page really nice! I am also looking forward to seeing what everybody else does with theirs.
How to Earn GemsGems can be earned for free daily by completing the following activities. NGR members can redeem Gems for cash!! Start earning and collecting your Gems today! Earn gems for the following...